NORDSTROM + OPENTEXT | GXS ACTIVE INTELLIGENCE PARTNERSHIP
Nordstrom is excited to announce that we will be implementing, in Phases, a new portal called OpenText | GXS Active Intelligence (AI). Phase I is all about validating EDI data and will be rolled out in late February.
This new tool will monitor EDI documents being received from trading partners as well as send out email alerts when the data contains mapping / formatting issues. It is important to read and act quickly to these email notifications, resubmitting data when necessary; if this is done prior to your shipment being received at our warehouses, errors could be caught upfront before they become issues in our supply chain. Expense offset fees may apply If it cannot be resubmitted or is not done timely for that order, however suppliers should take the opportunity to fix the issue(s) for future orders.
We look forward to being able to partner with our valued suppliers and OpenText |GXS to help improve product flow through our facilities with the added benefit of reducing or eliminating EDI expense offset fees.
Phase II will be expanding our portal service with deduction management for expense offset fees; phase II implementation will be announced at a later date
January 2019 Revision Highlights
- Item Setup Page - Added link back to full Nordstrom Supplier website at the top and bottom of page; 01/15/19 Updated contact email for Supplier Item Onboarding
- Expense Offset Policies - Added AP document codes to make it easier for suppliers to identify; 01/08/18 Updated Quality Assurance Offset Fee
- Business Basics - Section 4, Sub-Section PO Violation: updated Exceeds POs Most Common Cause on the matrix to clarify Nordstrom receives at the Store/SKU level for store packed orders and SKU level for bulk pack orders. Any overage at the SKU level will create an expense offset fee
- Store Address List - Added store 156 LA Local Omni Hub, suppliers will treat this like any other store
- Routing Guide - Section 8, Sub-Section Store / DC List added store 156 to DC 399 and store 538 to 699; removed the notice about a possible UPS strike from cover page; 011119 Section 8, Sub Section Nordstrom.com: added Ship to Nordstrom DC 399 - LA Local Omni Hub (LOH). Supplier will begin seeing this additional Nordstrom.com Ship to Location
on POs beginning in January (see store / ship to mapping above for correct N1*BY and N1*ST); 01/15/19
Section 8, Sub Section Nordstrom.com updated DC 699-Beauty FC to DC 699 Maryland FC as Nordstrom has expanded the FCs scope beyond beauty to include other retail sectors effective January 2019
Vendor Communication: Letter sent out to all suppliers regarding expanded fulfillment supply chain with first of several LOH (Local Omni Hub) store 156 / DC 399 and expanded use Maryland FC (Formerly 699 Beauty FC) of Store 659 / DC 699; please review letter and ensure mapping is updated in your system for these new stores in our fulfillment supply chain: Note: Store 659 is a Nordstrom.com only store and will not appear on the Store Addresses list; it will be found in Section 8 of the Routing Guide. The LOH stores will be on the Store Addresses list as they will eventually service both Brick & Mortar and Nordstrom.com POs
NRHL AP 101: Added to top bar of website for upcoming changes and requirements for NRHL Accounts Payable invoicing and inquires.
Drop Ship Manual and NRHL Drop Ship Manual: spelling corrections only
February 2019 Revision Highlights
NRHL AP 101: Updated Date for inquiry transition to April 1st from March 1st
Business Basics: Section 3, Sub-Section Required Electronic Documents: Removed EDI 832 from list as it is not a document, however all suppliers, EDI Capable/Compliant or Not, Must Have A UPC Catalog
Car Seat / Car Seat Stroller System Box Sticker Standards added to Reference Documents on left sidebar with ordering instructions with Taylor Communications
Ticket Standards: Section 4 added Sub-Section 'Car Seat Box Stickers' specific to suppliers who do car seats and car seat / stroller systems
Vendor Communication: Added Car Seat Box Sticker & Order Form Document